Amy Tong Photography: Family and Newborn Photography Sydney Inner West
BUSINESS: Amy Tong Photography
LOCATION: 99 Beattie St, Balmain NSW 2041, Australia
PHONE: +61 2 8091 4446
MINI ME PACKAGE: $895
LITTLE LOVE PACKAGE: $1295
BIG LOVE PACKAGE: $1450
1. What life experience made you become a Photographer?
I've always had an interest in photography. After the birth of my first child back in 2011 I took the leap to becoming a professional baby photographer. I've been specialising in baby photography since 2012.
2. How did you get started and build a client base?
When I first started I did photo sessions for friends and families to get experience with babies of different ages. After I felt I had enough practise I started my business from my living room. My business grew through word of mouth and I eventually moved to my beautiful dedicated studio space in Balmain.
3. Describe your style.
4. Do you use a flash?
5. What should I wear to the photoshoot?
Plain clothing without bright colours, stripes and logos work best. For Dads usually a black or white t-shirt and jeans, and for Mum either the same or a plain black, white, or pastel coloured dress etc. For babies I have wraps and outfits at my studio for your use or you are welcome to bring along outfits for them to be photographed in (for older babies).
6. Do you have props and accessories or do I have to provide them?
7. Where does the session take place? Do you have a studion? Tell me about your studio.
All sessions take place at my dedicated studio space in the heart of Balmain. It's a beautiful space with a comfy lounge to relax on.
8. Can we do a home session even when our home isn't well-lighted?
9. What happens if the kids don't behave on the day?
10. What happens if we get rained out?
11. I have a couple of cute photos from Pinterest, can we do those?
12. What can I do to help ensure that the photo shoot goes smoothly?
For newborns: you just need to ensure that you bring along enough supplies (milk, nappies etc) for the session. A dummy can also be very helpful even if you don't expect to use one normally.
For older babies: I will discuss with you the best time to hold your session to best fit in with their normal routine. It is important that your baby is fed and not tired at the time of your session for the best results.
13. What are your packages and inclusives?
I have 3 digital packages to choose from starting from $895 for 10 images. I also have additional products such as canvases, frames and albums which you can also choose from but these are optional.
14. What camera do you use? What's your favorite lens?
I use a Nikon and mainly my Sigma 35mm f/ 1.2 lens