Image of You Photography by Madelaine Gutierrez
BUSINESS: Image of You Photography
LOCATION: Mernda, Victoria, 3260, Australia
PHONE: 0400 218 822
MATERNITY PORTRAIT SESSIONS: $350
NEWBORN SESSIONS: $550-$950
PORTRAIT CHILDREN & FAMILY SESSIONS: $350-$950
1. What life experience made you become a Photographer?
Hi there my name is Madelaine - you can call me can me Maddy!
Let me tell you a little about myself - I am the youngest of five children (I know my parents were busy!) my oldest sibling was 17 years the difference which meant I was an aunty by the ripe old age of 5 years! By the time I was a teenager and I had discovered my passion for photography, by then I had 10 nieces and nephews who were constantly my photography models!! Now as a photographer and mother of two teenagers myself, I know the importance of preserving moments, milestones and innocent expressions that can be easily forgotten if not captured by a photograph and to be treasured for a lifetime.
There is nothing more I love to photograph more is than the innocence of a newborn and the gorgeous form of a pregnant belly! It makes me all warm inside knowing I captured these fleeting & precious moments for my clients.
Sessions are held in my spacious home studio in Mernda, where you'll find gorgeous baskets and specially made newborn outfits and accessories - everything is set up and ready to go or we can venture outdoors to a local location.
I look forward to capturing memories for you and your family!
2. How did you get started and build a client base?
Started by photographing family and friends and putting posters up at local kindergartens to photograph children for free.
3. Describe your style.
4. Do you offer posed newborn sessions? Do you bring props along?
Yes posed and I have a huge range of props, wraps and accessories.
5. When is the best time to have a newborn session?
Between 7-14 days
6. What should I wear to the shoot?
Plain neutral colored outfits with no big stripes or logos
7. Do you have props and accessories or do I have to provide them?
Yes lots of props - just bring baby!
8. What happens if kids don’t behave on the day?
Don’t worry I have many tricks to get uncooperative kids to get involved in the session
9. What camera do you use?
Nikon Z6 mirrorless
10. What is your favourite lens?
11. Can I book a session if my newborn has already arrived? What if they are older than the recommended days?
Although 7-14 days is ideal, if your newborn is older we can still capture newborn style images up until at least 6 weeks old. They may be a little more awake and not as curly but we can still capture beautiful images.
12. How long before I get my photos?
Usually between 2-5 depending on what products have been ordered.
13. What’s the best way to get in touch?
14. How far ahead do I need to book?
Newborn as soon as you have a due date